Thursday 29 September 2016

Come On Cameron! ~daytrip cheapthrills~

Me & my colleagues (or half ex colleagues :P) had been loOonging to go for a trip, since trip paling jauh kami pernah pergi hanyalah pergi makan lunch, lol. The last time I went Cameron was last year, but only for Mount Irau hike, so tak sempat nak ber feeling-feeling di tea farm, hehe.

Initially it just me & Candase' random plan. Few days later I met Angelene, & I remember about our canceled Sekinchan trip, then I think, why not make this group trip 1 shot lah, because I hate it when people keep on saying want to do something again & again but never is really doing it. So this time, I said to everyone who available, Come ON! hehe

Due to berry berry busy work schedule, we never really discuss what we gonna do in Cameron, how or what, the rough plan is just looking for the best scone & drink tea, lol.

So on Saturday morning 6 am (29/1-/16), 4 of us hop on the car & to the Cameron we go~! It's quite a silly decision to go Cameron on Deepavali day itself (& no public holiday!) but wth, since most of us are free on this weekend, we don't care we just go :P

We started our journey around 7.00 am plus the ding dong here & there, beli breakfast lah, isi minyak lah, pam tayar lah (petrol station semua ramai orangg).

It's my first time driving to Cameron, but fortunately I just went to Frasers Hill 2 weeks ago, so at least tak lah terkejut sangat nak drive jalan berbukit & bengkang bengkok ni. Since we memang just google & go, so going up we use the old road; Tapah. It's a quite small road & have to be extra careful, but it's a nice to drive during the day since the scenery is more kampung & foresty :). We reach Cameron around 10-ish in the morning. Sejuk? tak sangat haha.

Cameron Valley Tea
Our first stop is Cameron Valley Tea plantation, the place is packed with people! So we actually just made a toilet stop & peep a bit at tea farm & say later lah kita jalan kat tea farm~

Ok, honestly I hate driving when in town, since Angelene had her comfy sleep along the journey before, so I ask her to switch with me, my driving task is done here, tehehe.

fresh view in the morning~

Lord's Cafe
2nd stop, oh I wanted to go to the scone's cafe that I saw on Zati's instagram few weeks ago, so to the scone breakfast (again) we go! It's call Lord's Cafe, everything is cheap here (food price around RM2-5), & loovee the ambiance, macam cafe dulu-dulu & yg best tak ramai orang, hehe :) & yes the scone is gooOood, we even tapau a few.


we're here for breakfast~




Cake Shop
3rd stop, Candase want to find this hiden bakery that she heard from friends. When we at the area, we all so happy because memang no people in here, escape from the traffic jam (yes in Cameron) phew~! But we feel a bit lost, is this a bakery? or a furniture shop? or a delivery place? & only 1 blueberry cheesecake display at the counter. There's no proper place for us to sit & eat, just this gigantic table set, so since we already there, we bought a slice cake for our cake tasting sesh. Cake price RM5, taste? It's alright, for me macam old bakery style.



Ok this is actually how the cake looks like :)


The Smokehouse
4th stop! I don't really focus during their discussion in car, haha, so blur blur dah so many people in Cameron macam kenduri, but dunno who suggest we were looking for the Smokehouse. We arrived & noooobody is hereee & this place is beautifullll~ macam dalam cerita mat salleh doulu-doulu, hehe. It's so funny I even shout "Shut up & take my money now!" They have beautiful Garden & you free to take photos as much as you want! Even the staff are friendly & willing to take our picture.








Since tempat tu cantik sangat, kami pun masuk lah dalam Smokehouse tu without even look at the menu price, konon nak lunch, tapi hahaha 1 meal cost RM80, tiba-tiba semua orang krik krik, patut la kat sini ada mat salleh & foreigner je, lol! Luckly they have heavy breakfast set (+-RM40/each), so we ordered 2 meal which were the salmon sandwich with fries & mash potato & sausages for sharing.  It was alright & quite filling & just enjoying the ambiance. But we were still questioning about the menu price of RM20 scone & the RM20 latte, how absurd,hahaha!

Lesson of the day, please see the menu 1st before you sit (we expect it's a TGIF restaurant price, didn't expect that expensive, lol) When we get back to the car, I said to the girls, "I take back my word for that Shut up & take my money, hahaha" But anyway, the garden is so beautiful, we glad that we make a stop here & we all just laugh about it :))


Strawberry Coffee
5th stop! We actually wanted to go to the BOH tea farm, we have not really walk & explore the tea farm yet!! But oh the traffic jam is killing us, waze shows it took an hour & more from Tanah Rata & it started to rain. Candase took over the wheel this time, but really lah bad jam, so 1/3 from the way, we decided to make a u-turn & there incident where we got block by 2 stupid busses & 1 of the bus driver was shouting at us because we can't move (d'uh), but it so funny, we all were like, aiyoo why so angry?? It's Deepavali lahhh! hahaha

*random stuff during traffic jam, lol

We change our plan to stop over at 1 this place we saw got Strawberry coffee; since we all start to feel mengantuk already & so so curious what Strawberry coffee is this?? lol.We park exactly infront of the sayur entrance (bus block few car park spot, again, pffttt) lol! The Strawberry coffee is ok for a cheapthrills, since it's cheap why not? we ordered with a set of roti bakar. The coffee honestly taste like 3 in 1 coffee with strawberry syrup, but since we are in Cameron, it taste extra fun over the chit-chat during the rainy days, hehe.

 

feeling-feeling kampung cafe
view from our "kampung" window

After the coffee, we decided to do our vegetable shopping! everything here are cheap & fresh :-) We even eat the boiled sweet potato, emm so yummy during rainy days~

*I think this place in in Kok Lim Farm, it's where there Time Tunnel museum is, but we didn't have enough time to visit, huhu.


Random stop *can't remember place name, lol*
6th stop, I always wanted to go to Cameron to buy roses for no reason, but funny how I can't found 1, so since it still raining, we make a quick stop at this 1 place, they all wait in car & I make a quick run to check on the roses. Then I found out they are not selling any roses & ask me to try at the night market. I say sorry to the rest for waiting, but they all so nice & say "like that let's go to the pasar malam lah", hihi yay~

Pasar Malam
7th stop; the pasar malam thrills! This is the most makcik moment we ever had, the plan suppose to be; I buy rose & then we chow! But end up me & Angelene bought 2 pasu pokok each & I bought 3 bouquet of flowers & we smell so many goood foood & deciced to tapau everything & have dinner in the car, hahaha!






Random stop *I slept in the car, lol*
8th stop: After we filled our tummy with all the oily goreng but oh so good food, we decided to fuel up petrol & leave Cameron. We passed by this another town & Candase say she bought tea somewhere here before, so we really determine to find parking despites the sesakness, har har!


The Initial plan is to leave Cameron by 5 pm (to avoid driving down at night), but cause of the bad traffic & sOo many distractions (girls, haha), we end up leaving Cameron at 9 pm, lol!

Candase drive back down. I insist them to use the other way, which is the Simpang Pulai exit, cause honestly this morning driving up using Tapah road is a bit tiring for me, so I don't want to risk the girls, infact it still drizling & yes Simpang Pulai's road is bigger & safer! It's very beautiful at night as you can see a lot's of farm's canopy light up with beautiful lights.

It was a long drive at night, but we keep ourself awake while we on the hills area, we were making jokes & start talking about silly stuff. We even make fun of these 3 motorcyclist infront of our car, we felt very lonely when they droves away & leaves us after an hour later, haha.

Going back home was smooth journey, a bit tiring, but I'm glad we go back on the same day, since I'm sure the next day Sunday traffic gonna be very baddd.

We reach PJ at 12.30 am, send back all the girls & I drove back home to Ampang. Phew it was tiring, but I feel so happyyyy we really enjoy the trip & forgot to really walk at the tea farm, hahah! I shall go again next time just to really walk at the tea farm & check out the blue valley, lavender farm & perhaps to Irau again. How can people say Cameron is boring?? I looove itt~ Perhaps should go on weekday to avoid the crowd & just chill & have a slow trip.

Anyway, these girls are fun to be with during trips, I told Angelene I laugh until I got a headache today layan all the bimboness, lol. Hope for more adventures with you guys! Till then, thankiuUuus ^_^

~Here's a senget picture of us. Till then~






No comments:

Post a Comment